Replacement shower cold and only hot when on high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I installed a replacement electric shower which is fed from the cold water mains.

However, it works but the water is cold unless I turn up the temperature gauge almost to the top when in low/med and high settings.

To be honest, I have played about with the different valves trying to figure out what to turn off etc.

I have read that if the pressure is too high/low, the temperature can be effected but have not read about th temperate being cold and with a slight change in temperate control suddenly getting too hot.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I knew I should have got off my lazy back side and gone up stairs to get the manual before I posted :D

It is an Essentials 10.8

10.8kW

One thing to add is that the light around the power o button is permenantly lit up (not supposed to be) but when you press it, the shower starts.

I wonder if the previous occupants have wired up incorrectly: the red was going to live and black neutral in the old shower

If you have any suspicion about the wiring being correct, then you should do a polarity test before going any further.

Aside from that, it sounds as though the flow regulation is faulty. This isn't a model of shower that I've ever touched, but electric shower design doesn't evolve very quickly. ;)

Mira has a very good tech support department - it's worth a telephone call to confirm and to order the relevant parts.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
An engineeer from the manufacturer came out to have a look and said that the shower was ok but possibly a problem with the valve that was on the shower feed pipe.
So after a few visits to B&Q, I managed to remove the valve, cut the offending section of pipe out which was blocked!

I inserted one of those stright coupling thingmys and we not have a working shower.

Now if I could only find out why my hot water in the upstairs bathroom goes to a dribble after 10 seconds :oops:

Now if I could only find out why my hot water in the upstairs bathroom goes to a dribble after 10 seconds
Air trapped in the pipe.

Thanks
How do you release the air?
I have had a look around the forum but there seems several ways to do this.
I have bled one of the upstairs radiators last night where a lot of air escaped.
This did not make a difference.

Tam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back