PLEASE HELP! SHOWER LEAKING...MAIDEN IN DISTRESS!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Rapide 4 shower. It has started leaking quite badly from a little overflow pipe at the back of the unit and when I lift the actual shower head and lead off its holder, I hear a 'gurgling' noise coming from the unit and more water pours out the overflow :eek: Can it be fixed? If so what is it and is it a big job - I am quite good at DIY, but is this a complicated thing to fix ?...or should I just keep away from the July sales and buy a whole new shower instead.?!! :cry: Many thanks Jenny

Sponsored Links
hi jenni,sounds like the Pressure Relief Device has gone-need to contact triton 02476 372222 or www.tritonshowers.co.uk to get replacement-these usually come in pairs and cost less than a tenner-they are really simple to fit and come with instuctions-as long as you can isolate your electric supply you'll be able to do it yourself in a few minutes.
The PRD usually goes because of a blockage/kink in the shower hose or head or a water supply problem-if you live in a hard water area problem is often limescale build up-triton have a really helpful customer service team and will talk you through it or if your not confident any plumber will be able to do it for you.
hope that helps :D
hodge

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much guys for your help...Thought Knights in Shining Armour didn't exist anymore!...Will give Triton a ring to order the part and have a crack at fixing it. :)

any problems sorting it out post again jenny and someone will help-onceyou've fitted the PRD make sure you check the shower hose for kinks and blockages and the shower head as well otherwise may go again.

cheers
hodge :)

As usual when I hear the name Triton I mention that I have had a problem with one of their shower pumps which failed after three days.

Quite apart from the reliability of the product, their response was apalling!

Tony

Many thanks Hodge. Have replaced the Pressure Release Valve and the shower now works perfectly! :p ...Yippee! Regards, Jenny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back