ensuite quality fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering if there is anything to look for regarding the quality of fittings how much should i be looking at spending for a good quality suite toilet ,sink and shower enclosure ive seen some of the shower trays at diy stores and they look poor what is the best material for the trays to be made of ........thanks :?:

Sponsored Links
Wc and basin around £350 plus taps. Make sure taps conform to your system gravity r mains fed.
Best quality would be brass bodied and ceramic discs with what ever coating you wish.
Shower tray make sure it is resin not the light plastic type.
Enclosures well the sky is the limit here depending on shape size and material.
Diy stores usually sell inferior quality stack em high sell em cheap units that do not have a long life after installation.
I fit a lot of Bathstore.com units which are excellent quality.
Pete

Fluffster said:
I fit a lot of Bathstore.com units which are excellent quality.
Well I've been fitting some Bathstore.com stuff recently (customer supplied) and I'm pis$ed off with poor quality, minimal instructions and incompatibility with British waste and soil fittings.

Bathstore.com have been responsible for incuring my customers a hell of a lot of additional costs. They are quite simply the most worst bathroom store I have ever happened across. One would say they are the McDonalds of the bathroom game. They have useless staff and hopeless aftersales. The quality is hit and miss, like most shops to be honest, but when they get it wrong, they do it in style.

I used to warn my customers that I will charge a lot extra if they got their bathroom from that dump. Now I refuse to even do it. They make Wicks and B&Q look like good. Now that's a feat and 'arf.

Sponsored Links
Wow guys I am taken aback.
My experience of installing say about 12 suites from bathstore has been with out any quibble.
The wc,s come pre installed and shower cubicles operate very well.
Most of my customers paid approx £1200 for their suites so maybe I have had an easy time of it.
I have to agree however about the staff having next to none technical knowledge.
However I am very happy as they deliver all the units on time and save my back and time.
As for B&Q well just look at their cistern internal fittings
Pete

Just fitted a Bathstore.com curvy bath plus waste kit and remote taps - all chosen by client and delivered to their house.

Very nice quality, and no waste compatilibity problems, but I had to exchange one tap as it was faulty.

The shop, to my amazement, was like a travel agent - it made me highly suspicious of their ability, but they did OK on that occasion.

Next is a shower screen, shower tray and valve, enclosure, basin and taps, WC.

Bathstore.com arent they another branch of the plumb centre name but solely internet based. :confused:
Lee

Lee
They have several showrooms around London and yes a website too.
Not sure who owns the company.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back