Office 2003

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! On my old version of word, when i was writing a document i had a little box (or something simlar) that displayed how many cms down the page i was and how many columns across etc, which was very useful when using preprinted stationary. Ive just had office 2003 installed and i cant find the option to turn it on. Anyone any ideas???? :cry:

Sponsored Links
im actually typing the letter/quote in print view and i have the rulers up the side and on top. In my previous version whilst i was working if i moved a line of text down th epage by hitting the return key it would tell me how far down th epage as it went down, whereas now i havnt got a clue!

Sponsored Links
forgot to mention im as thick as two planks! Been there done that! Got the status bar up and all it gives is the options of the view format. ive looked through all the other options on the tools options and i cant see anything that will do the trick.

Thermo said:
forgot to mention im as thick as two planks! Been there done that! Got the status bar up and all it gives is the options of the view format. ive looked through all the other options on the tools options and i cant see anything that will do the trick.

I think you missed Gcols meaning, because he is correct. When you have done this:

TOOLS
OPTIONS
VIEW

This displays some options.

Have a look at the box that says Status bar. You need to put a tick in the box, then click ok. The status bar will appear at the bottom.

yep done all that and it its not on the status bar!

ill try! (im guessing theers another option i need to switch on but god knows which one)

er how do i do it (posting the pics not the problem its obtaining the pic that is!)

Press CTRL+PRT Sc to capture a screen print. You can then paste it into something like word and then save it.

next daft question! Taken the screen shot picture and saved it (only as a word doc) whats the easiest way to post it. I normally use photobucket for images etc but it wont let me use this as its not an image!

I was thinking that you could export the image from Word, but I was thinking of Publisher.

You could always email the doc to me. I'm just curious about your status bar.

Wordology.jpg

Just above this text is that 'status bar'

<Tools> <Options> <View> <Show> 3rd option in leftmost column.
ToolsOptionsVu.jpg

;)

Thermo said:
next daft question! Taken the screen shot picture and saved it (only as a word doc) whats the easiest way to post it. I normally use photobucket for images etc but it wont let me use this as its not an image!

you can also save it to ms paint

ctrl + prt sc

open paint, select paste

save in usual way

Sponsored Links
Back