Bosch 2401 Drain Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace the drain pump. Anyone done it? Dryer is stacked on top so I hope I don't have to take it down. Thanks, from reading the posts, there are some real knowledgeable folks here. :D

Sponsored Links
assuming you mean you have a front loader and assuming your tumbledrier is on top, then yes you will have to take your td off

Thanks for the reply Breezer. If I might say, there's no assuming. The Bosch 2401 is a front loader by model number and I stated the Dryer was on top.

Hello again. Maybe I should be more clear. I am looking for information on what steps are required to replace the drain pump. Asking if I had to remove the stacked dryer was only an additional query. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Can only tell you that on the UK machine the front comes off to give full access to the components. Have never seen a US machine so don't know if they are the same.

I'm back and the job is done. Here's how it is done.
You take the bottom plate off. Then you take the spring loaded wire band off that retains the boot between the front cover and the drum. Remove the two screws on each side of the bottom of the cover. There are three screws in the dispenser. Only remove the lower right screw. This holds the cover up. Once that screw is removed push down on the cover and it will come off. You then have free access to the pump. Anything else you need to do is visible. Took 45 minutes to do.
And you don't have to take the dryer off the top. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back