Mould in powder draw Bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch washing machine approx 4 years old. The draw where you place your washing powder, softner etc is fequently covered in a black mould type substance. This is also in the draw housing and covering the nodules where the water flows into the draw. Is there a fault with my machine or is this a normal thing to happen? Also how do I get rid of it? Any help greatly appreciated.

Ed

Sponsored Links
It is very likely caused by congealed soap powder and old fabric softener.

Take the drawer out and scrub it in the sink with HOT water. Open the lid of the fabric softener container and observe how the pipes fit inside it.

Also clean out the slot that the drawer fits into.

When you have got all the dirt and congealed powder and softener out, you can apply a little dilute bleach to kill the mould spores.

Next, give the washer a HOT wash with no added powder or conditioner and it will clean out soapy residues from inside the drum.

Cheers John

Thought this might be the case. Was worried might have been something more serious. Time to get scrubbing!

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back