Worcester 24i combi boiler problems !!

Today I fixed a boiler for free. The maid for a Madam in Soho called me to say their boiler had failed and of course Saturday is their busiest night of the week. I could have gone there and charged a fortune! Instead I talked her through it and got it sorted completely free and she thanked me for my help.

yeah yeah nudge nudge ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
You've missed my point - it's because of your attitude that I won't be coming anywhere near your house, whether it's to diagnose a boiler fault or to mend a leaking ball valve.

I think that is not quite an honest statement. I think you are not going to fix his problems because he lives in Cardiff.

The call-out charge would be HUGE :evil:

Softus said:
That's a theory that is patently rubbish, from my point of view, because all of my plumbing customers - every single last man jack of them - come to me by word of mouth.

Trying to avoid tit-for-tat here but:
a) ALL your customers would have to come by word of mouth as you say you don't advertise, this isn't such a grand statement.

b) So your point of view does not allow itself to see inside the problem of the modern world where community does not really exist as it did and people mobility then. That's a very narrow point of view you've got there, you mustn't be using that broad brush of gloverd to paint that view.

Agile - Do you think the MIPHE gives you anything back in the way of extra business, do customers ever refer to it?

Softus said:
That's a theory that is patently rubbish, from my point of view, because all of my plumbing customers - every single last man jack of them - come to me by word of mouth.

Perhaps he is just has a large mouth?

cdg said:
Agile - Do you think the MIPHE gives you anything back in the way of extra business, do customers ever refer to it?

Not really. Its just a charity to uphold and advance the professional standards in the industry. They have some good seminars and a members only forum. No one has ever complained to them about our work ( yet ). But it would give some feeling of security to clients who are frightened of contacting a cowboy.

Tony

Sponsored Links
cdg said:
Trying...
But somehow failing. ;)

a) ALL your customers would have to come by word of mouth as you say you don't advertise, this isn't such a grand statement.
It was a statement, not a grand statement. It was intended to illustrate the fact that many people find their plumber (or tradesperson or whatever) by word of mouth. Perhaps it doesn't apply equally to other parts of the country, but nobody (on this topic) has yet proposed a reason for that being the case.

b) So your point of view does not allow itself to see inside the problem of the modern world where community does not really exist as it did and people mobility then. That's a very narrow point of view you've got there, you mustn't be using that broad brush of gloverd to paint that view.
Well, you missed your chance to avoid the sarcasm, and being plain wrong, because you've made an assumption instead of just asking me. I have other businesses that I do advertise. Also, when I was employed, I was involved in laison with Sales and Marketing departments. Also, some of my current clients consult me over advertising.

Perhaps I'm completely sh*t at it, but my viewpoint is far from narrow.

The only certainty in life is that there are endless opportunities for change. ;)

Oh, and death I suppose.

And taxes. :(

And, um, nurses.

You seem to be in Hot water (pardon the pun) again Softus...you obviously rub people up the wrong way..intentionally to cause debate I believe..maybe it`s time to change your style..just an observation & not an attack I should add..

Yeah - and I thought ignorance of my posts is what you were supposed to be applying, and yet here you are again, stirring. Since you seem compelled to have the last petty word, here's your chance - no more replies from me, to you, on this topic. I have work to do now in any case.

& there`s me thinking that we could build a relationship.... :cry:

Come on Bamaber leave soft alone, if only so that this post wony go to 100 pages

I have lkearnt that soft will not let go and will keep beating you with any stick you happen to have.

Also this has got to be the most boring arsed thread i have read for many a year.

andyway I am off to install and boiler free of charge for someone because I am not here to make money i am here to make the world a BETTER Place

runs into a phonebox and changes into

STUPID ARSED SKINTMAN!

corgiman said:
...will not let go and will keep beating you with any stick you happen to have.
Hey cm! That's not entirely fair. :eek:
I have my own sticks too you know. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back