Worcester 24i combi boiler problems !!

You seem to be in Hot water (pardon the pun)

lol, I wish was, I could kill for a hot bath now !!

Anyway, i'll be leaving this thread as you all seem to be able to argue without me and my big spoon ;)

For those who are concerned about my situation and tried to help or would like know what the problem was, I will post when an engineer has been out and fixed it.

Sponsored Links
glovered if you post again ill try and help.

im a corgi engineer and have tha same boiler.

try to give as much info as u can

what happens when u try to light boiler?
does fan run?
does it try to light?
is red led flashing ?

All combis go through an ignition sequence, so we need to determine how far yours gets

what happens when u try to light boiler?
does fan run?
does it try to light?
is red led flashing ?

The boiler is self lighting, lights on demand of hot water/CH
The fan does run
There is no spark when the there is a demand, normally you would hear a clicking sound and gas lights.
No the red led is not flashing.

This all points to ignition problem to me, however one engineer this morning said it sounds like gas valve has gone.

If the gas valve is the only part to have failed then it would spark but without any gas obviously nothing would light!

It could be that he is a bit dim or he may be talkingup the price!

More likely to be an APS problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Correct !

He came out this morning within an hour and it's the APS, also said the AAV could do with replacing as its letting in water.

It's fixed for the moment but said he would need to come back and replace part, costing another £120 on top of the £69 I just paid.

However, he has showed me how to temp fix it if it goes again in the meantime.

£69 seems very cheap although I would wonder what he actually did to get it going again.

Replacing the AAV which will be leaking water OUT rather than in, should be about £13 for the part and another £50 for doing it, if that !

Tony

glovered wrote:

However, he has showed me how to temp fix it if it goes again in the meantime

:eek: :eek:

I hope he didn't tell you to do what i am thinking he did??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back