change pull cord to wall switch????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI.

hope you can help!!

i'm trying to change my pull cord switch in my bathroom for a wall switch.
i have installed a box on the external bathroom wall.
i have a wire coming from the mains going into the pull cord swith and have a wire from the pull cord the the ceiling light.
how do i change it so i can install the single wall switch??

thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
follow the pullcord swithccable to the light, note where it went and run a new cable in from light to new switch

an easie way for you would be to run a cable from pull cord switch to new switch

wire new switch as old switch is, then remove pull cord string, if ever you change your mind pull cord is still there

you'll regret this move when you're naked and wet in the shower at night and a guest or a young'un flicks the switch off.

i HATE bathroom switches outside bathrooms. Its the most HORRIBLE idea ever.

Bedrooms - fair enough if someone turns off the external lightswitch, just get up, fumble to the door, and turn it back on.

In a bathroom, you have to get out of the bath / shower, wrap yourself up, whilst sliding around on the lino / tiles, and then stumble to the door, fathom the lock, and finally get out to turn the light on. THEN get back in the shower / bath :evil: I mean, why do people get rid of pullswitches in favour of an external lightswitch??????? Stupid, stupid idea. :evil:

crafty1289 said:
why do people get rid of pullswitches in favour of an external lightswitch??????? Stupid, stupid idea.

Becuase they are horrid.

The string goes black and looks horrid, especially if you are a tradesman with mucky hands, heading for a shower.

We don't have guests or young'uns so no problem there.

Why not just shout at whoever turned the lights off, rather than getting out the shower?

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities said:
Candles in a bathroom, its the way forward. No bonding needed, use in any zone... :LOL:

Unless you have an electric shower, heater, shaver point, extractor fan....

You don't need to have electric in the bathroom to require sup. bonding to metal water pipes, metal c/h pipes, metal building structure, any other ecp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back