gurgling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just lately
we have been hearing a loud gurgle that seems to travel the whole pipe system, a bit like washing machine water being pumped out. this happens a few times a day as well as night.
the boiler usually comes on after this noise. any ideas

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your pipes have not enough water and too much air.

You haven't gone to much trouble giving us any details. My guess is your boiler is a white one, right?

yes its a white potterton. i did release some air via a valve next to the tank but only a little bit of air came out.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if there's a shower pump.

I wonder if it's a combi.

I wonder if the cold water tank is full.

I wonder if a Berk from Berkshire installed it with no regard to pipework conventions ........let alone Corgi.....and the poster has got yet another lash-up.

If the cold water tank isn't full then you would tend to get air in the pipes.

Air bubbles are a likely cause if gurgling, especially if they are being circulated by a pump or drawn along by running water.

As you have a shower pump it might be sucking harder than the water is being supplied, which is another cause of air being drawn into the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back