Unwanted DIYnot.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although my computer deletes web history every so often( I think about every 7 days) when I go on the web and type in www. and then the letter d it automatically shows me www.DIYnot.com. It also does this on a carpet web site I once visited about two years ago and I'm fed up of it.

I was advised to go on to Internet options to delete all history/cookies and anything else but to no avail. Can anyone give me any advice on how to stop this.

I run on WindowsXP. When it comes to computers I am a bit of a duffer (so my son tells me) so I would appreciate any solution to my problem explained in simple terms please. I don't know if any more information is needed - like how many mega rams the machine has got but I can find out if necessary.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
It could be a corrupt cache file. There are plenty of utilities that do a better job of clearing history files that IE.

Doing a quick google produced this. It's a try before you buy jobby, but might work for you.

Are all your Windows updates up to date?

XP has a disk cleanup (although not brilliant). START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>diskcleanup.

You might also want to do a defrag if you haven't done so for a while.

Hi There

Goto internet options and goto CONTENT then AUTO COMPLETE and remove the tick next to Web Addresses.

This should stop it saving any web addresses in the bar from now on.

Neil

Sponsored Links
Sorry not replied sooner, been away - but thanks for the very helpful replies. Problem solved.

Back