Boiler Training Course

Those with 2360 (now 2330), 2381, 2391 and 2400(nbow 2391 part 2) we'd use a clamp meter knowing the current will not be higher than 3 amps to the boiler.
Lee

Sponsored Links
Keep changing fuses until you find one that blows?

Turn off other appliances and count revolutions, start again when American Style Fridge cuts in and makes it spin off the wall?

use a clamp meter. or a quallity tested current meter but make sure leads are gs38 type.

Sponsored Links
Sorry none of you have got it, I was trying to make a distinction between measuring the current flowing FROM the mains and the current IN the mains.

I was refering to a PSCC test which I thought at least Paul would have got as I thought he had done the full part P assessment to include consumer units and testing.

Tony

Prospective short circuit current is measured but isnt it mainly during fault conditions that it becomes a concerning factor plus PFC could be used in its place. Usually this figure is used to determine the breaking capacity of the protective device ensuring that the device is not rated less than these figures which could be measured, calculated or even told by the REC. Dont see why its got anything to do with measuring mains current in a boiler? Could be way off, years since did the theory 2391. :confused:
Lee

Agile said:
Sorry none of you have got it, I was trying to make a distinction between measuring the current flowing FROM the mains and the current IN the mains.

I was refering to a PSCC test which I thought at least Paul would have got as I thought he had done the full part P assessment to include consumer units and testing.

Tony

There is no such thing as a full part P assessment to include consumer units and testing.

Seems like you need some training in electrics.

Part P is the compliance of BS7671 with the building regs and not a qualification, just like CORGI reg is not a qualification.The aasesment mentioned is likely to be the proof of qualifications and 2 inspections carried out on the levl of work to be undertaken. Consummer units are generally level A and in being so can only be registerd by people approved by the 5 companies running schemes, BSI, NAPIT, NIC cant remember the other 2(not corgi electrical). you dont need 2391 to undertake testing but if you dont have it i would advise getting someone to do your testing but remember only the installer can issue an EIC anyone soley doing testing of installs must issue a PIR. PIR's do require the person to hold 2391. :)
Lee

PSCC is normally required to ensure the current breaking capacity of the equipment is adequate.

Since it primarily depends on the distance and cable resistance from the HV/LV transformer I dont see how the Rec can provide a very accurate figure and therefore I would have expected that it needs to be measured.

Sorry but I cannot always use exactly the right wording to explain everything perfectly.

I would also say that a CORGI registration for, say, commercial catering is tantamount to a qualification because it "qualifies" someone to be able to work on that element legally. The actual qualification is not a qualification but an ACS assessment if you want to be pedantic!

Tony

Didn,t mean to be pedantic, just trying to strees that just because they are Part P registered doesn't qualify them for the job, a problem that we are coming across daily during snagging and remedials for people kicked off of jobs , just like me being CORGI reg but not able to instal domestic fires.GN3 states that enqiry can determine PFC due to the REC stating a Ze of no more than 0.35 and the designer knowing calculated values of R1=R2 and therefore a theoretical Zs, but hey thats too deep for this topic. :LOL:
Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back