bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if you can get replacement straight screw threads for bar showers instead of those stupid offset ones.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've seen them. Might even have a pair somewhere. But where to buy them? :confused:

Sponsored Links
27249.jpg

From Toolstation - £20.

p2007487_x.jpg

From Screwfix - £25.

16936.gif

From BES - £30.

Yes that's the BES one. The Toolstation one looks the dogs nads for concealed pipework. The other one I don't think makes you any better off.

Toolstation are also half price for bonding clamps, though the screw for bonding is weedy for 10mm which we have to use on boilers. Also sell a reasonable slate and a great adjustable version of footprint 9" (don't bother with their 12" it's too slopy and slips to side when that much force is required like taking the crusty unions off an Ideal Mexico you'd best have a good stilsen and a scaffold pole.)

With the Toolstation one you have the plate exposed, with compression joints at rear. The BES on is entirely concealed. Does anyone know what connections the SF one has at the rear?

I can't just remember Chris but it may be 1/2" iron requiring the same backplate elbows the original part needs.

bristan do the surface mounted and the concealed fixing kit, the concealed comes in 2no lengths, used them on the last 3no bar showers fitted an absolute godsend, if anything goes wrong just change the shower, no problem. looks better, feels solid. very impressed

do you think flexis could be used as final connection to shower. at the moment if i can , i just want to make two holes for shower connections and a larger hole under bath.

If you mean that you have a stud wall, you would be safer passing plastic through with a tectight elbow on top and stub of plastic or copper to join to your mounting plate, pull bottom in a gentle curve under bath.

Some stud walls have noggins in, so you would have to cut open that portion of wall to make passage through for your pipe.

Make a suitable noggin for your backplate to fix to while you are exposing the wall.

Some walls showers are put on have cupboard in room adjoining so pipework can pass out through there and back in under bath.

thinking of using toolstation part(above) its a lat and plaster wall overboarded with plasterboard. dont get me wrong , ive done a few of them but they are fiddley pain in the arse jobs and i was just seeking tips i may have overlooked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back