Alarm panel

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently moved into my new house and the alarm has never worked and no code has been left.

The panel is an Optima XL6, is there anyway of resetting the panel as i once remember working with an alarm engineer who told me you link out two terminals in order to reset the alarm.

There is no manual for the alarm. Would it be better to just buy a new panel and use the existing PIR's.

Thanks RMS

Sponsored Links
You can link two of the terminals with the power off, reconnect power and remove the link. This will reset the panel providing the NVM has not been locked.

I just can't remember which terminals off the top of my head. I will look at work on monday.

Also have a read of breezer's post ;)

Thanks for the replies. Think i will search for a new panel and just replace the existing one.

Can anyone recommend a good panel and maybe an outdoor box with active light?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I really like the Texecom range of alarm panels. The excel panel is fine for domestic situations Here, but I suggest you also have a look at the premier range of panels Here. The premier panel requires a seperate keypad.

I reccomend the Texecom odyssey 3 bell box Here.

+PA and Set, power up, then remove, wait for each zone led to go out as each zone is opened/closed.

But like breezer said, new panel best option, for about £35, you can leave the box on the wall, the new panel will fit in, opps thats cheating, hehe.

The optima XL6 that you have is in fact a very good panel, and theres probably nothing wrong with it. If you change the PIRs after the reset, you may find it still works fine.

Hi all,

ive linked the terminals out on the panel as offroader sugested and all the zones 1-4 have lit up but not gone off. The tamper light was on but that was because the outdoor box is off so i have linked out terminals T and A for the bell box tamper. The tamper light has now gone off but all the zone lights remain lit and none off the buttons seem to be having an effect.

Any ideas guys?

It might be worth linking all the zones, as you do each one should go out.

If you power down then back up, does this do anything?

Make sure you put the link back in the PA, or the keypad with stay locked out.

i've tried it again with the 4 zones linked out and then removed the link between +PA and SET. All the zone lights went out. I then removed the link in the 4 zones. The tamper alarm was going off so i entered 0123 as the code as i remember this is normally the start code for new panels. It worked. So the alarm is now in day mode. When i set the alarm it just beeps on and off continuously and does not stop. I guess it needs re programmed does it?

Does anyone have any links for the manual of this type of alarm?

Yeah all the tampers are off. The 4 zones are all pir's. The outdoor box is not on but i have linked the tamper out for this.

When i try to set the alarm, if i omit all 4 zones out the alarm counts down and sets itself. I'm sure it just needs re programmed after it was reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back