greenstar 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody tell me why the green burner light on my newly installed greenstar 28i junior combi only stays lit for about 3 seconds when it is first switched on, all the controls are set to maximum

Sponsored Links
colin06 said:
can anybody tell me
Your installer? He's supposed to explain the operation of the boiler to you. If he hasn't, you should be worried about his competence.

Are you saying that the burner itself doesn't stay on, or just the light?

he has gone on holiday , i just thought it may be something simple that i could do myself,both the light and the flame go out and there is a click every ten seconds or so as if it wants to do something but can't. i just hope the weather stays good for the next 2 weeks

Definitely not a DIY thing. Ignition is failing by the sound of it. The boiler's under guarantee so you should be able to call out the Worcester Bosch lot, but they might charge if it's an installation fault (he was Corgi reg., wasn't he?).

Sponsored Links
i will just have to wait till he gets back ,i thought it might not be getting enough gas or something .

no one has been messing about with the electrics have they. If polarity is wrong way round ( live and neural wrong way round) this can have an effect. just a thought.

Call Worcester TODAY. You should have it repaired Monday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back