BIRD STUCK IN FLUE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there seems to be a bird stuck in my oil heating flue and i think there no way its going to get out
anybody know what i should do now?
could this bird block the fumes

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the type of flue and where the bird is stuck!

Can you call and ask it to come out? There was a Macaw stolen recent and never recovered !

I had an IC1 parrot stolen a few years ago and it was never recovered. Its called Dennis if you should come across him ( actually its a her but was wrongly named as birds are difficult to sex ! )

Ps Dont talk to ACOperson about birds, he is dead scared of them when they are alive!

Tony

its going to have to comee out sooner or later, can you not get the flue off (or access point) and shove drain rods up it and push it out the same way it got in, then get "cage" fitted to top of flue to stop it happening again

or call in pest control (and make sure he has no prawn cocktail crisps)

Sponsored Links
i here it flapping sometimes where the flue meets the boiler
its proberly one of those wee birds that nest under my roof tiles above the guttering
the wife looking for hot water so i'll have to switch on the heating soon
and gas the wee bugger
nothing esle for it

Isn't there a hatch for poking brushes up?

keithlafferty said:
i'll have to switch on the heating soon
and gas the wee b*****r
nothing esle for it

that will kill it, but you still need to get it out, if you dont it will (over time) rot and then what a smell that will be

doitall said:
Sorry :LOL: :LOL: was going to ask if it was a black bird, but thought better of it. :LOL:

If you did that you would be accused of being a racist!

Tony

ok...progress i found on the top of the boiler an access point screwed that off then i ran behind a door (scared of birds) but nothing came out after a while i approached the boiler with a torch and theres the bird huddled up in the corner in the boiler
so now am hopping it will fly out in its own time
if not i'll have to get ma da to get it lol

You sound as bad as ACOperson!

The bird is more scared than you!

Just pick it up and take the poor thing out.

I would give it some water as it may be dehydrated.

Tony

Not sure wether hopping will achieve anything..try flapping your arms & blowing on a kazoo....(is it me or is this a Mad Saturday)????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back