Radiator valve nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all.

ive managed to take off a few radiator off in my time, but this one's a real swine.

the valve on the left just does not close. ive turned it this way and that as tight as possible and still im draining half of bermondsey. please don't tell me i have to drain the system and replace the valve.

cheers

chris

Sponsored Links
You may be able to do a snatch change for a new one.

It needs two people and a trainee and I managed to do it with only the loss of about 0.5 li typically.

Otherwise drain the system and replace all the valves! If one is leaking the others are probably just about to leak as well!

Tony

You can get conical rubber bungs at the plumbing tools counter, Stuff one in the cold feed and one in the vent pipe to seal them. this will stop air coming into the pipes.

If you then open the drain at the bottom of the syst you will find very little water trickles out so you can then take off the valve and fit a new one. Close the valve at the other end of the rad, and the drain cock, tightly first - if you have more than one opening in the pipe water will gush out of one as water rushes up the other.

Sponsored Links
freeze it off but have everything ready tools new valve.do job quick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back