Carbon brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me, my WM61 washing machine stopped turning this morning and from looking on this and other sites everything seems to suggest that i check the carbon brushes. I've located them but i can't remove them to check, not quite sure how. Can anyone please help? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Replace brushes almost always cures the problem on this machine.When you have obtained new brushes you will see the plastic barb on one side of the body of the brush, this is what you need to lock onto with the thin blade of a long stemmed screwdriver pull towards you to unlock the barb this will allow you to slide out the old brush assembly. When you examine the old asy you will find the carbon brush will be worn down or fractured. While the brush is out and before fitting new brush it is worth while inserting a cleaning stick to make contact with the armature and manually turn the motor this will remove any carbon residue on the armature which could lead to premature wear on the new brushes.

dont forget to unplug machine from socket before working on it

Back to top Alert Moderators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back