Indesit bag of nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the latest problem with my Indesir W143 is that it sounds like it has a bag of nails rattling around in the drum during the spin cycle (or any time the drum goes a bit faster. The machine is just over two years old and we have spent £190 on repairs. (Last repair was just three weeks ago).

Any ideas on this latest one? Or should I just give up and buy a new machine?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the bearings have gone this time :(

If you put your hands in the drum, can you feel any movement up and down?

freddyfeet said:
Hi, the latest problem with my Indesir W143 is that it sounds like it has a bag of nails rattling around in the drum during the spin cycle (or any time the drum goes a bit faster. The machine is just over two years old and we have spent £190 on repairs. (Last repair was just three weeks ago).

Any ideas on this latest one? Or should I just give up and buy a new machine?
you obviously checked the inside of the drum for any bags of nails?
:rolleyes: when it spins does it dry the clothes OK ? any smells or smoke? ;)

Thanks for the replies. There is a little movement up and down, but I don't think it is any different from before.

The machine is working as it should (spinning and drying the clothes) apart fom the horrendous clattering noise. There is no smoke or burning smell.

Sponsored Links
spin the drum by hand is it noisy?
if yes its bearings

if no you really have got a bag of nails (or coin) stuck between inner and outer drum

easiest way to get it out is to take the pump off and tip m/c towards pump*

I have benn known to shake a m/c violently to get coins out, it does work but can be dangeous, best have two people, a mc is very heavy

Could be a bra wire! This happens quite often, bra gets washed, wire comes out, falls through holes. Weeks later when its rusty, gets picked up by the drum on spin and makes the most horrendous noise. This may last a wash or two and will then go away. ;)

nstreet said:
Could be a bra wire! This happens quite often, bra gets washed, wire comes out, falls through holes. Weeks later when its rusty, gets picked up by the drum on spin and makes the most horrendous noise. This may last a wash or two and will then go away. ;)
:LOL: thats just what I was thinking, it happened to us once (not me, us) :LOL: them bra wires get in all sorts of nooks and crannies, but another time was when the pump was packing in, too much weight of wet clothes to one side of the drum and it made one hell of a clatter but this sounds different as the clothes are drying ok.don't spose the machine is touching against something outside, on top or nearby? :rolleyes:

Richardp said:
don't spose the machine is touching against something outside, on top or nearby? :rolleyes:

nope, its a coin (assuming you read my earlier post)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look for bra wires or coins tomorrow. My wife is now saying that I should buy her some new lingerie!

freddyfeet said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look for bra wires or coins tomorrow. My wife is now saying that I should buy her some new lingerie!
post a pic :D of the coin ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back