start up

B

breezer

my other halfs pc (win xp) strarts, sings dances yahdy yahdy yah

only anoying thing is on the desktop it insists on opening a big windoe and showing the contents of a nother drive that it really does have.

close the window all is fine

so my question is:

where will i find the "thing" that tells xp on start up, annoy eveyone and show the contents of drive G

I have clicked the task bar to look in there , and a few other places, but since they do not do waht i want, i must be lookingin the wrong place, any ideas where i should look?

Sponsored Links
This may sound thick (cos you mention drive G), but is this the folder being opened, or another?

couple of places to look

right click start button, open all users, programs, startup

open regedit, navigate to HKLM\software\m$\windows\currentversion\run and look there
also look in HKCU\software\m$\windows\currentversion\run

I should imagine its in one of those, if you arnt sure post back what you see in each and we'll go from there.

thanks to both.

eggplant, i followed instructions to a point.

got to start up and opened that and there was nothing else to open, in start up it shows ms office sort cut

Igorian, actualy its drive H (not g) my goof, and i really do have drive h.

i also just noticed in the task bar when it does this it says h:/programmes, as if i had opened it, which i havent.

Sponsored Links
Something else to try

When the window opens, click Tools/Folder options and then select the view tab in the window that opens. In the advanced settings window, scroll down to where it says 'restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Make sure that the box is not ticked.

Igorian said:
Something else to try

When the window opens, click Tools/Folder options and then select the view tab in the window that opens. In the advanced settings window, scroll down to where it says 'restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Make sure that the box is not ticked.
checked that, it isn't :cry:

Grab 'AutoRuns' from sysinternals (Excellent resource for useful utilities)
Here.
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
This will show most start ups on your system .. easy and safe to use prog.

You may or may not be concerned ;) .. Sysinternals now belong to M$.
[url=http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/jul06/07-18WinternalsPR.mspx]LINK to M$ article[/url] said:
Microsoft Acquires Winternals Software
Company appoints operating systems kernel expert Mark Russinovich as technical fellow...
REDMOND, Wash. - July 18, 2006 - Microsoft Corp. today announced the acquisition of Winternals Software LP, a privately held company based in Austin, Texas, that provides Windows®-based enterprises with systems recovery and data protection solutions in addition to offering a freeware tools Web site called Sysinternals. The addition of Winternals is a significant advance in Microsoft's promise to lower customers' total cost of ownership of the Microsoft® Windows platform. Customers will be able to continue building on Sysinternals advanced utilities, technical information and source code for utilities related to Windows. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
:cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back