not enough flow on grvity fed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a rain shower in my bathroom fed by the loft tank and there is insufficient flow.I understand that one way to solve this problem is to raise the storage tank,how much higher should it be and can the hot water tank take the extra water pressure?I also had the idea that instaling a central heating pump to the cold water flow from the loft tank and increacing the height of the vent pipe and a pull switch in the bathroom to boost the flow,any thoughts on this would be appreiciated

Sponsored Links
you can raise the tank in the loft if u like but its far better to put in a shower pump, not a central heating pump.
A 2 bar pump should set u back around £150 but its better than all that work moving the tank and not getting much better performance.
The size of the shower head on a rain shower will affect the flow from gravity alone and so will the fact that some showers are for high pressure only. Check the manufacturers instrucs for further notes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back