Halstead Finest Gold problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I've searched the forums and FAQ's and there are a few similar posts, but I wondered if anybody could offer any advice in my specific case please?

Basically, just moved into this house. Radiator in one room has been removed and the pipes have had those plastic end-caps put on. I don't plan on putting a radiator back in but didn't want the pipes protruding (a 9 year old lad and pipes sticking out are not a good idea!) so yesterday I took up the floorboards, cut the pipes back at a suitable point, end-capped them and checked all was good and leak-free before putting the floor back together.

This morning, the 'Safety Lockout' LED is solid red and we've got no hot water. I didn't have time to try much this morning except power off/on (LED comes back on after about 10 seconds) and try the reset button, which won't actually press in so I assume it hasn't overheated.

Any ideas anyone? The pipes were only open a matter of seconds before I got the caps on, so not much water lost. They seemed good and leak free but its too much of a coincidence for this NOT to be related to what I did yesterday???

Cheers for any help.

Chris.

Sponsored Links
Whats the system pressure showing?

Did you repressurise it after your exploits?

Tony

Sorry... forgot to mention that.....

Pressure is very low. Less than 0.3.

Am I after the 'Filling Loop' to repressurize?

Cheers Tony.

Chris.

Sponsored Links
1.5 Bar on any combi except Vaillant Sine 18 at 1.2 Bar.

Cheers Tony.

So basically, the pressure dropped when I did my little job yesterday and it needs repressurizing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back