ceiling rose

Sponsored Links
If you mean can you run a second light off the same switch by just running some wires from an existing ceiling rose to a new light....

..... then I would like to know the answer as well - this is on my long list of jobs needing doing. :D

kenty said:
can i run another light from a ceilyng rose in the loft

If you look in the reference section there are loads of good diagrams showing you how to do this.

you can run a second light on the same switch by running from the existing rose (just take it from the same terminals as the lamp flex) but from experiance its pretty damn tricky to get the cover on properly when a rose has 4 T&E cables coming in.

Sponsored Links
in the loft their are wires going in to the ceiling rose can i put another light from it in the loft and a seperate swich

yep you can do that too, just connect the new cable to the same places as the cables from the previous and next lights (not the switch cable)

but again ceiling roses with more than 3 cables are f*cking tricky to get the lid on.

plugwash said:
yep you can do that too, just connect the new cable to the same places as the cables from the previous and next lights (not the switch cable)

but again ceiling roses with more than 3 cables are f*cking tricky to get the lid on.
mind your f*cking language mister:cool:

crafty1289 said:
plugwash said:

mind your f*cking language mister:cool:

Watch out or else Mod 4 will be along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back