Shower Pump Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Salamander ESP 80 negative intelligent 2.4 bar pump.
Its a single pump that will feed the bathroom intending to pass through a pressure equalising valve to balance the mains cold.

I am going to get a plumber to fit this but I have had a few crazy estimates.

Could anyone give me any advice on roughly how long this will take to install in an airing cupboard next to the hot water cyclinder? And is there anyone in manchester who could give me a quote?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
hi,
with all the new regulations the trouble is you will need a plumber and an electrician together, probably why the quotes are crazy.
you probably need a negative intelligent plumber; i'm sure i know a few...

wouldnt expect the job to take more than a few hours to do though

theaky said:
hi,
with all the new regulations the trouble is you will need a plumber and an electrician together, probably why the quotes are crazy.
you probably need a negative intelligent plumber; i'm sure i know a few...

wouldnt expect the job to take more than a few hours to do though

Actually you do not

If you need to install a new radial circuit, on splice into an existing circuit you will require a plumber who has undergone the competent person scheme (the domestic installer, level b for the radial and level c1, i think, for adding an addition fused spur to an existing circuit)

If nescessary this installer will notify the local authority of work and will issue you with a minor works certificate, whether or not its notifiable.

These qualifications do not come cheap, our government has decided that you as the end user will happily pay for a competent person to carry out your work (I have had this told to me time and again whilst on the sparks course and the part L course great aint it?)

Hence why the job is, as you say, a bit pricey.

IMO 175 is a fair and reasonable amount to pay an installer who has been conscientious enough to gain said qualifications, and as Tony Blair has decided you should be very happy to pay this ;)

Fun here aint it :)

Sponsored Links
Forget the 4 hours .......a job like that leaves little time for another after lunch.......the guy may get some bookwork or estimates done ...£175..for the job seems ok 2 me ......(.Though I am in the Prosperous SE )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back