BAXI 133HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a boiler that is 36 years old. I want to replace it with a combi. I am also extending and will have 20 rads, including 2 in a converted loft space. Would the Baxi 133HE be a good choice:?: It is on offer at plumb centre for £750+vat inc flue and timer.

Sponsored Links
The number of radiators is not relevant and the price is not very relevant.

Why not chose a comnpetent CORGi registered engineer to install a boiler for and discuss what will suit your property.

Its the hot water requirement which rates a combi !

Tony

Agile said:
The number of radiators is not relevant and the price is not very relevant.

Why not chose a comnpetent CORGi registered engineer to install a boiler

Why don't you **** off and stop spamming work for a self interst group. Will the mod deal with this spamming please.

jimjoeray said:
I currently have a boiler that is 36 years old. I want to replace it with a combi. I am also extending and will have 20 rads, including 2 in a converted loft space. Would the Baxi 133HE be a good choice:?: It is on offer at plumb centre for £750+vat inc flue and timer.

How many baths, showers? The flow rates is around 15/16 litres per min. Not bad for aone bath, one shower house.

With this model you can have TRVs on all rads and no electric room stat.

Sponsored Links
With this model you can have TRVs on all rads and no electric room stat

Unbelievable!
This person claims skills in energy efficiency, condensing boilers etc. and here he is recommending a system with NO (!) roomstat, thus ensuring that the boiler will keep firing for no purpose when the house is at the desired temperature.

You may be ignorant / foolish, but please at least be consistent!

have a look at the glow worm Xtramax HE.Highest efficiency boiler on the market.

worded wrongly , sorry. achieved highest sedbuk rating.band A.its hot water delivery is great.BUT, its big.

croydoncorgi said:
With this model you can have TRVs on all rads and no electric room stat

Unbelievable!
This person claims skills in energy efficiency, condensing boilers etc. and here he is recommending a system with NO (!) roomstat, thus ensuring that the boiler will keep firing for no purpose when the house is at the desired temperature.

You may be ignorant / foolish, but please at least be consistent!

You are clearly a total insulting idiot with poor technical comprehension. The 133HE has an integral flow switch in te CH circuit.

Please take note: Engage brain before operating keyborad.

I really don't know why I bother......

from the relevant Glow Worm MI:

(edited - my mistake: I thought we were discussing Glow Worm Xtramax. Anyway, considering Baxi HE models....)

The CH flow switch operates at 4.5 litres/hour. You'd need a VERY effective set of TRVs to ensure that the flow stayed below that rate (to prevent the boiler from firing)!

And if a room stat was 'undesirable', why would Baxi offer the Intellistat specifically on this boiler?

croydoncorgi said:
I really don't know why I bother......
....)

Don't you are no good at it. Fom Baxi:

Flow switch fitted as standard – Part L compliance via flow switch for fully TRV’d systems, which means no room stat or bypass required.

By-passes reduce condensing efficiency and are undesirable.

And if a room stat was 'undesirable', why would Baxi offer the Intellistat specifically on this boiler?

For systems without TRVs on all rads? Boy are you slow.

The CH flow switch operates at 4.5 litres/hour. You'd need a VERY effective set of TRVs to ensure that the flow stayed below that rate (to prevent the boiler from firing)!

You obviously didn't read this bit!

And if you knew the boiler, you'd also know that the flow switch in question is a magnetic rod with no return spring, and is so 'light' that it frequently sticks in the ON position!

Is the statement
Flow switch fitted as standard – Part L compliance via flow switch for fully TRV’d systems, which means no room stat or bypass required.
your idea or Baxi's?
As you're no doubt aware (being omnicient), the Baxi website is down at present, so it's not possible to check. Are you sure the latest Building Regs Part L and the Domestic Heating Compliance Guide permits this approach?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back