Radiators running -- despite Baxi Combi set to h/w only!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

Thanks for taking time to read this -- and help with my problem!

I have a Baxi Combi boiler, and today some of our radiators are running extremely hot (and, as it's the middle of summer, we're sweltering!).

I have set the control on the boiler to Hot Water only, and turned the temperture for the central heating to zero, but no effect. Oddly, it is just the radiators on the second floor that are hot -- the ground floor radiators are cold.

Also, noticed that the boiler is displaying an internal water temperture of 85-degrees (even though we haven't run any taps or anything).

My guess is that a value separating the hot water circuit from the central heating curcuit is faulty -- but I don't even know if there is such as thing?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Many thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
What Model is it?

Stab in the dark...Dhw microswitch stuck in the on position.

Hi Scatmanjohn

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's a Baxi Combi 105e. Sorry, but not sure what a dhw is :oops:

Or where it is on the boiler. How can I test this?

Thanks

Matt

i thought it might be a 105e

DHW means domestic hot water.

If you undo the two screws and drop the front down you will see a switch fastened on to a brass valve (bottom left hand side) i think the wires are green (or red).

When you run the hot tap a small pin pushes that switch.
Them switches can get stuck on and cause the fault that you describe.

Sponsored Links
Hi Scatmanjohn

Thanks -- and I'll go look at it now...

Is replacing the microswitch (or fixing it) something that I could do, or do I need to get someone out to do it?

Thanks again...

Matt

MatthewB said:
Hi Scatmanjohn

Thanks -- and I'll go look at it now...

Is replacing the microswitch (or fixing it) something that I could do, or do I need to get someone out to do it?

Thanks again...

Matt

Do it ya self.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back