Kenmore Dishwasher Wont Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Kenmore 15999 Dishwasher and like a lot of the people on this site, it will not drain completely after a wash cycle. I have been reading a lot about people with the same issue as me and i am not sure which direction to take next.

I have gone through the whole drain tube that runs to the disposal with a drain snake and there were no clogs. The dishwasher is about a year old from what i have been told.

I cant seem to locate the pump door that might have glass or debris stuck in it, that was mentioned is other posts.

Please guide me in the next step to try to fix my dishwasher.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Check to see if you have a plastic check valve (it may be white in color) near the drain port. It probably unscrews off and may be clogging your drain line. Just locate and remove then, clean the junk out of it. This is fairly common occurence in these dishwashers.

I will try that out and let you know how that works out. Thanks for the advice. We just moved into this house and who knows what could have been in there from the previous home owners.

Thank you very much. That was exactly what the issue was. When i un-screwed that white plastic part inside it there were two feet that were missing off of our cutting board.

You just saved me a couple hundred bucks. Thanks so much.

This forum has been a great help keep up the good feedback...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for writing us back with the good news. I never get tired of hearing success stories. Great job with fixing it yourself! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back