remove gas fire and add gas cooker point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at buying this house. Two things stand out that need doing:
(1) remove old gas fire in living room and cap pipe safely so i can put a real open fireplace back in.
(2) it's got a fitted electric cooker with no gas point in kitchen and i want to put in a gas point so i can have a gas hob. strangely the boiler is in the loft(?!) so not sure where the nearest gas pipe is.

can anyone give me a guesstimate as to how much each of these might cost. I'm sorry, I know I'm not meant to ask about costs here, but I can't just get quotes - everyone I ring says stuff like "oh I can't tell you anything until I've seen it - when can I come round?"... answer, of course, you can't come round because I haven't bought the house yet, and I can't reasonably ask the owner to let me show 3 corgi blokes round the house on separate days, not when there are people queuing up to buy the place on a single viewing.

i just want ballpark estimates - £100, £500, £2k or £5k?

any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Between £100 and £500, but it depends how far gas pipe has to be run to reach cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back