Water soluable paint

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps a strange question but ...

We fitted pine doors to all the upstairs rooms some time ago which I varnished. I think they look good but the other half has since gone off the pine look and wants them painted.

I think it will be a big mistake and something she will regret once she sees them painted, but once painted it will be very difficult to revert back to the pine.

So the question is, is there a paint or something that I can quickly slap on to show what it would look like but then wash off to either leave as is or paint properly.

Sponsored Links
poster paint springs to mind.

why not "veneer" the doors with say hardboard and paint that, don't like it , pull it off

poster paint seems like an idea ... not to sure where to get the quanty to piant 4 door at a realistic price though.

Paneling over the door I don't think would work. They are 4 panel doors and to put on a "fake" flush finish I feel would mask the true effect of them being painted.

Sponsored Links
You culd paint it with contact emulsion but to b honest I dont think you will get it or anything else out of the gaps in the doors when it comes to wshing it off

Women! we're never happy

My only experience of pine doors that are made to be varnished is that if you paint them the paint cracks badly over time.

You could try putting masking tape over all the joints and sloshing thinned emulsion over the top. I haven't tried it but it might work (try a test patch first). After all emulsion comes off painted skirting board if you use a bit of elbow grease and diluted sugar soap.

Take a picture of the door and photoshop it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back