worcester 280 No CH but HW ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a previous question, i have a combi worcester 280 that is firing up fine for HW but when the heating tries the pilot light comes on for about 10 secs then shuts down. i have been around the rads and checked them for bledding and they seem ok. any ideas gratefully accepted

Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

i noticed that underneath the 3 way diverter there was a push toggle type "pin" that was hanging loose. I moved the switch on the side so that it was in the middle between A and B and pushed it back home. Fired up the boileer and so far it is still firing on Heating. HAve i done the right thing and if so what may have caused the pin to pop in the first place.

cheers for any ideas

Mark

Your original fault was the diverter valve not moving over onto heating,when you moved the lever you locked the diverter valve open,this position is for draining down the boiler etc .chances are you need a new diverter valve, are you competent to test it ?

Never had much to do with Gas boilers as always had Oil before. If however there is a method to test i can then make a choice, I do intend to get a heating engineer out to do a proper service but would rather know some of it myself just in case.

Still unsure at to whether the pin underneath the diverter should be in or out for noraml use.

again any help glady accepted

Sponsored Links
The lever/pin should be out/loose for normal use. if you access the control panel you will find the plug for the diverter valve on the lower right side (labeled) you should have 240v on the live pip when a htg demand is made if you have and the valve does not move then its the valve thats faulty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back