Potterton Suprima 30

Poxi staff could earn a few quid by passing on their faulty boards to one of the three well known reconditioners.

The main market for reconditioned PCBs seems to be the major service firms who have low margin service contracts for LA and HA.

The higher quality independent market and BG has to use brand new components.

If we were ever to use a repaired component we would have to state that to the client.

It is very difficult to find an economics model that gives any benefit to the installer in using reconditioned parts.

Of course cowboys who use recon parts and charge new prices are fraudulent and I always advise the client when I discover a recon part fitted.

Tony

Sponsored Links
raden said:
I'm happy to pay a few quid a board if that's what you're getting at

Now you tell us, just had 20 plus picked up by my waste carrier :rolleyes:

And as I pointed out a while back - now illegal to dispose of pcbs in such a manner under WEEE

is it??/

what even if you store the old stuff untill a licienced operative collects and disposes of it

wow live and learn, so if you cannot pay suitably licenced op's to take it away, and therefore even if you personally had a licence you could not take it and hand to a licenced depot as they are also a suitably licenced op so they cannot take it either, what the heck do you do with it??

I despair, glad i leave everything with the client

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.Raden

raden said:
And as I pointed out a while back - now illegal to dispose of pcbs in such a manner under WEEE

Is that a EU directive

Yes, look up WEEE (it's a load of p*ss)

It's because of the lead in the solder, which now has to be correctly disposed of

or better still ... recycled

So can we assume that manufacturers with an obligation to dispose of failed PCBs will find it more convenient to send them the Raden than dispose of them elsewhere? And perhaps find it more profitable to build better boards in the first place than be lumbered with disposal /recycling cost of numerous failures?

Sadly, I'm not holding my breath! :(

raden wrote:

"And as I pointed out a while back - now illegal to dispose of pcbs in such a manner under WEEE"

Not so. The WEEE Regulations have yet to be implemented.

"So can we assume that manufacturers with an obligation to dispose of failed PCBs will find it more convenient to send them the Raden than dispose of them elsewhere? "

I jolly well hope so

"And perhaps find it more profitable to build better boards in the first place than be lumbered with disposal /recycling cost of numerous failures?

Sadly, I'm not holding my breath! "

I couldn't if I tried

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back