Horrible rasping sound after toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of years ago I had a boiler and shower installed. Ever since then, increasingly I can hear what sounds like rattling pipes or a kind of 'air pressure rasping' sound after the toilet cistern refills from flushing. Opening a tap also causes the pipe to rattle a bit.

It appears to be the newer plastic pipe leading into the bath tap which is making the noise though I cant be sure!

I read that shutting off the water valve and opening all the taps could solve this, but I am also not sure where this valve is located. I am in a first floor flat in a victorian house. I did find something that looked like a valve in the kitchen closet (just a screw on the front of a brass fitting) but turning it a quarter, half or several turns seemed to have no effect on water supply!

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back