Slow Filling Toilet Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here? I recently moved in to a 1900 semi and the downstairs toilet cistern takes an increadibly long time to fill after flusing.

The upstairs toliet fills up ok and the the mains pressure seems to be ok, so i'm at a bit of a loss as to what might be causing this. Any advice / suggestions as to what the cause of this may be would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
...Probably a faulty ball valve. They are easy to fit and less than a fiver, so try this first.

Probably a mains ballvalve on a tank supply(hp. on Lpressure)

Nige has a point as well. I came across this a couple of days ago. When you buy a ball valve, they have inserts for high or low pressure. It may be a case of the high pressure insert installed instead of the low pressure one.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice and i'll have a look at it this evening when i get home and let you know if it has fixed the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back