Back Boiler/Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Please can someone tell me if it is possible to run a stove back boiler with a combi boiler central heating (closed loop), I wish to connect the two together and use the combi as a back up and to heat the water with the back boiler as the main heat source for the central heating.

Sponsored Links
I think it might be interesting seeing the expansion vessel on the combi as it reaches escape velocity and heads into earth orbit when the stove under the back boiler boils on a closed circuit pressurised system.

I don't think this is a goer somehow...but there's bound to be some clever dick who has tried it...maybe they are even still alive.

Incidentally..last winter there was a truly dreadful accident in the locality when a couple of poorer people removed a gas fire and used the cavity for a coal/wood fire again, not knowing that an old back boiler was behind which had been capped but not had holes drilled in it. It exploded and not only damaged the house structurally, but one of the people lost an arm and suffered severe facial injuries as well...steam is serious stuff when it is not able to vent.

I know this is not quite the same, but if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing..don't do it

Am i getting this wrong?

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
In fact these people were so poor they had removed the gas fire in the rented property as they couldn't afford the gas and the wood they were burning was from stolen fences.....yes folks England 2006...oh alright then..they were east european low wage immigrants, but nobody deserves to have their arm blown off all the same.

I'l just get the butler to bring my nightcap before I retire.Damn..forgot to park the Rolls in the pool ;)

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back