Painting Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought some plaster sealer from B&Q but before I put it on, is it better to lightly sand paper the plaster prior to painting it on or can I simply get on with it?

Sponsored Links
depends whether there are any dibs on it, but a light sand with very fine paper will remove , if any? imperfections.

No dont...you will scrath the wall up badly...just run a scraper over it. Prime it and then rub it over afterwards.

Can I ask...why primer sealer?...what are you going over the top with?

Haven't decided yet Zampa, it's just that I heard it is best to. It is the whole room including ceiling.

Sponsored Links
You dont need t use primer sealer unless your going to be painting the wall will oil based eggshell or undercoat and gloss..it stops the alkali in the plaster bleaching the paint.

If its just going to be emulsioned then simply thin out the first coat by what it says on the tin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back