Replacing Randall /Danfoss 3060 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've offered to help a friend of mine on this and it will be that does the fitting and therefore will be my problem if it all goes wrong :D

Ok the current programmer is a 30 year old 30/60 programmer that is basically worn out...Its a huge ugly thing that apparently was/is popular in local authority buildings ..I can understand why if its lasted 30 years..

They still make them but i'd like to fit something more modern..my question is ..is this possible (its a old back boiler system that operates both heating and water)..my fear is the wiring ..how straightforward will this be ..also whats this business of backplates..is this going to be a problem too?

Any advice on what to replace with..i've never done this sort of job before (heating) but I did put all new lighting/ring mains in my new extension when you were allowed to do this!

Any advice gratefully received ...thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends wheather they have used the clock as a wiring centre or not. If not its fairly straightforward, you just swap the wires as per the diagram but if they have it wiull be a whole world of fun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back