system capacity in litres ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, just reading a manual about combi's and pressure vessels and wondered how you calculate the total water content of a system so that the correct vessel can be fitted . All help as usual much appreciated ?
STIX.

Sponsored Links
LMAO

brilliant

harrow is right best guess and you cant oversize ( i think)

Sponsored Links
But I still like the Pyrex jugs idea....how much brass could one make opening and shutting drain off into jugs inorder to calculate the system volume for expansion vessel size and inhibitor dosage calculations!!!

Were onto something here.............

Unless you've got an unusually big system an 8 litre vesel will be fine.

Suppose i should elaborate. I have been called to a firebird combi 90 a couple of times recently because of leaks at various joints in the boiler.The vessel seems fine but the boiler is up to 2.5 bar when hot. According to the manual this is acceptable but seems high to me and i was wondering if an additional vessel would help. What do you think ? The house is a normal sized semi.

if the manual says its ok its ok

are you sure that you can even fit an external expansion vessel on this boiler, what do the MI's say

if you get a rad listfrom suppliers and roughly match your rads to theirs you should be able to closely guesstimate.if litreage aint on sheet ask merchant to ask for fax of rad maker. ive got one somewhere , but not to hand.

Have you checked for blockages on the expansion vessel connection.............how many rads is this combi feeding?

I can find out the number of rads tomorrow but for tonight i would guess about 7. The MI says additional vessels may be fitted. I will check the vessel for blockages, thanks.

I measured mine, once, to see how much inhibitor it should have. I like jugs, but I used buckets. 18 gallons. Say, 80 litres (near enough).

Have you checked the precharge pressure on the existing vessel? Sounds like it might have lost its charge or have failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back