worcester 24 i LPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help i have been to a worcester 24i lpg boiler today the problem waswhen starting up the boiler pump runs fan works go's to ignition fire's up but the ignition does not go off it constantly spark's until it go's to lock out........I have changed the pcb .....(still the same)....changed the flame sensor...(still the same)...checked all the earth's aqll seem fine....please help.

Sponsored Links
Flame sensor lead?

P.S. Some punctuation would help us to understand the question. Don't they teach that in school anymore?

check the polarity is correct or a bad neutral.

chrishutt said:
Flame sensor lead?

P.S. Some punctuation would help us to understand the question. Don't they teach that in school anymore?
NOT WRITING A BOOK MATE ...ASKING A QUESTION!

Sponsored Links
Ooh touchy, aren't we?

All I'm saying is that it really is difficult to understand the question without any commas and full stops. If you really haven't been taught how to use them that's no criticism of you, rather it's a criticism of the educational system. My son's the same....

lee1976 said:
chrishutt said:
Flame sensor lead?

NOT WRITING A BOOK MATE ...ASKING A QUESTION!

ooooooooooooooooo hark at her

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

A great way to win friends and influence people mate, have you thought of a career in the foreign office????

chrishutt said:
Ooh touchy, aren't we?

All I'm saying is that it really is difficult to understand the question without any commas and full stops. If you really haven't been taught how to use them that's no criticism of you, rather it's a criticism of the educational system. My son's the same....
It's Obvious you are well "educated" but not that well!.... as you can't answer my question?

Flame det electrode position can be critical on some boilers, but I don't know if it is on this one.

As said above check the polarity ,if crossed the boiler will not detect the flame and still ignite for around 7 seconds . Allso any voltage on the N above 15v will allso give the same fault that usually a faulty lead ,fused spur or if running on an (temp) extension cable .
Hope u hav'nt just been waveing a nean at it.

Forgot to say that the flame rectification will allso fail if the boiler is ran of some generators.

COG said:
As said above check the polarity ,if crossed the boiler will not detect the flame and still ignite for around 7 seconds . Allso any voltage on the N above 15v will allso give the same fault that usually a faulty lead ,fused spur or if running on an (temp) extension cable .
Hope u hav'nt just been waveing a nean at it.
HI mate sounds like im speeking to some one who is more interested in my question than my spelling....how would i check for correct polarity. as you say the boiler lights for appox 7 sec ,,,cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back