can anyone recommend vandalproof TRVs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They are going in a youth building which is going to be supervised, but I suggested going for a fitting which can't easily be tampered with. I was looking for something which at the very least has a min/max setting.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
It's not going to be any help at all, but we always suggest standard Honeywell VT200 or Drayton TRV4.

Reasoning being, the vandal proof ones represent a challenge to bored teenagers and will also get damaged. Once defeated they will cost a fortune to replace-- whereas the former can simply be reheaded by unskilled personnel at minimal cost. If you get through 8 a year it will have cost £120 all up.

Sponsored Links
simond said:
It's not going to be any help at all, but we always suggest standard Honeywell VT200 or Drayton TRV4.

Fair point. I like CC's suggestion, but yours is a keep it simple approach. Also if they have to adjust temp with an allen key, then that could cause more problems than it solves.

Thanks for the idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back