hoover WDM 120 washer /dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a hoover WDM120 washer/ dryer if you turn the programmer to any cycle it starts to fill with water then dumps it out again then fills up and so on . i have changed the programmer but it still the same .

Sponsored Links
You might start by checking the pressure switch. This detects when the water level is high enough. The pressure switch is on the left front when you are at the back of the machine, a bit hidden below the top. There is a long pipe that goes to the back of the drum and there is a plastic bit angled to the right if you remove the back panel. If you remove one of the plastic tighteners you can take the pipe off and if you blow into it you should hear two clicks.

I'm no expert - just spotted your problem whilst searching for an answer to my own - but I think this sounds like a case of siphoning. Had it happen a couple of years ago. Check that the drain hose from the machine is not pushed too far down the drain pipe. If is is siphoning it'll be problem solved. :D Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back