MagnaCleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

Just wondering whether these magna cleaners are any good?
Has anyone used one?
Will be fitting on to a 6 rad system with a back boiler.

Sponsored Links
mowgley1979 said:
Good evening all

Has anyone used one?

I installed one on a system before doing a boiler change and leaving some cleaner in the system. It got barely a few mm of sludge on it. I think a lot depends on the state of the system. If there is a lot of cr*p floating around in the system, then it will be great. If the cr*p is all stuck on the inside of the pipework, then it won't be too effective.

That said, I would recommend it as a relatively cheap investment when you consider the cost of the rest of the system.

mowgley1979 said:
Good evening all

Has anyone used one?

have you considered 'Boiler Buddy'...just got one for my system as I'm having the boiler changed...chap at plumbers merchants said his mate who is a CH system installer recently put one in and was surprised at the amount of crap it collected.

Sponsored Links
i have installed quite a few of the magna cleans. I think they are a god send. I installed one on a system and within ten mins of running it was about 3 or 4 mm think of sludge. I thinkn they should intergrate these into combis and that way it would solve most of the probs with sludging up. They need to be cleaned out at least every 12 months tho. Maybe even sooner depending on the condition of the system.

corgiman said:
same thing really tinkler

but the buddy is easier to clean

i have never installed a boiler buddy but the magna clean could not be any simpler to clean. It can be cleaned in 30 secs most.

I will certainly second the Magnaclean as a good investment, Easy to clean and to add "Adatives" to the system
The boiler Buddy is not so easy to service by a long way and one can't add nuffink

micky p said:
i have installed quite a few of the magna cleans. I think they are a god send. I installed one on a system and within ten mins of running it was about 3 or 4 mm think of sludge. I thinkn they should intergrate these into combis and that way it would solve most of the probs with sludging up. They need to be cleaned out at least every 12 months tho. Maybe even sooner depending on the condition of the system.

Can it be installed horizontally?...the website pics only show it as a vertical install.

It would function but it can't then be blead and when you turn off isolators and unscrew lid to clean it all the dirty water inside would fall out as water tends to like to find it's level.

The Boiler Buddy holds less water and whichever way you orientate it a certain amount would come out when removing for cleaning, but a towel wraped around pipe beneath would manage that amount.

thank you all for your advise.
I drained and flushed my system out at the start of the summer. There wasn't much sludge in the system anyway. Was going to fit one before we had a new boiler fitted to cause less problems in the futute.

Yes definately, would eventually be suiciside to new boiler if you didn't fit one.

As I've always moaned they don't make boilers tolerant of natural heating water environment, so now we have to have fancy pants ways of keeping boilers mollycoddled.

I wouldn't dream of not using one at home.

i'd love to fit one on every boiler install but when they come in at £90 + vat it could make the differne of getting a boiler job or not when competeing with other companys. We give the customer the option where possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back