MagnaCleaner

my merchants are selling them £90 + vat to the trade. I would love to see where you can get them from at that price...

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:
It would function but it can't then be blead and when you turn off isolators and unscrew lid to clean it all the dirty water inside would fall out as water tends to like to find it's level.

The Magnaclean also collects solids in the filter, not just magnetic sludge. So having any way except upright will eliminate the solid filter aspect.

The Boiler Buddy holds less water and whichever way you orientate it a certain amount would come out when removing for cleaning, but a towel wraped around pipe beneath would manage that amount.

Water Systems said:
Paul Barker said:
It would function but it can't then be blead and when you turn off isolators and unscrew lid to clean it all the dirty water inside would fall out as water tends to like to find it's level.

The Magnaclean also collects solids in the filter, not just magnetic sludge. So having any way except upright will eliminate the solid filter aspect.

The Boiler Buddy holds less water and whichever way you orientate it a certain amount would come out when removing for cleaning, but a towel wraped around pipe beneath would manage that amount.

i don't remeber seeing a filter on the last 3 or 4 magnacleans ive seen. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've not seen a filter either. Perhaps they've changed them? But wouldn't a filter spoil the idead that it can still achieve full flow even when the magnet is loaded with gunk?
We pay 90 inc the vat.

brentwoodheating said:
I've not seen a filter either. Perhaps they've changed them? But wouldn't a filter spoil the idead that it can still achieve full flow even when the magnet is loaded with gunk?
We pay 90 inc the vat.

your right that is the best thing about the magna clean it will have to pick a hell of a lot of sludge up the block.

brentwoodheating said:
We pay 90 inc the vat.

your right that is the best thing about the magna clean it will have to pick a hell of a lot of sludge up the block.

micky p said:
i don't remeber seeing a filter on the last 3 or 4 magnacleans ive seen. :confused:
The Magnaclean product doesn't contain a filter - it is a filter.

micky p said:
Water Systems said:
Paul Barker said:

The cylinder has a cyclone effect and solids drop to the bottom. Alpha boilers have integral cyclone filters

On this occasion I'd like to be your maid of honour - I'd even wear a frilly dress and sleep with the best man and everything.

Presumably the honeymoon (and the rest of your entire life) would be spent in La-La Land.

Water Systems said:
micky p said:
Water Systems said:
Paul Barker said:

The cylinder has a cyclone effect and solids drop to the bottom. Alpha boilers have integral cyclone filters

yeah i know how they work but i just assumed with someone saying they have a filter i just thought they had a partical filter in as well. I have one on my dads boiler and cleaned it out about 2 weeks ago. There was a fair amount on the sheath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back