Vokera Excel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a call today from a mate who said he had a job for me. Said it was a vokera excel and when there was a demand for dhw, the radiators got hot. So im thinking its got to be diverter valve but I cant find any literature on this boiler to see whats involved in changing one. I have literature on the compact and linea but not the excel.

Having looked at the literature for the compact, am I right in saying that although its a combi, it doesnt have a dhw heat exchanger or a diverter valve?

Is the excel similair to the linea (with regards to diverter valve)? If not, can someone tell me if its hard or not to change one as I dont want to get myself into something I cant get out of!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My advice is that if you have not dealt with this fault then avoid it.

This is a unique boiler in this respect!

Tony

Whys that? IS it not straight forward?

By the sounds of it, the diverter valve is letting by because they do get hot water, but the rads start getting warm too

Sponsored Links
newcomers said:
Whats included in the service kit?

Also, if its the diverter valve, is that just 1 part?

You get:

1x DHW Diaphragm
1x Boiler Flow Switch Diaphragm
1x Diverter Bobbin
1x Bobbin Washer
1x Bobbin 0 Ring
1 X Figure of 8 seal (thats what i call it anyway)
3x Front Seals

Don't go for any short cuts, fit the lot. You know it makes sense.

scatmanjohn said:
newcomers said:
Whats included in the service kit?

Also, if its the diverter valve, is that just 1 part?

You get:

1x DHW Diaphragm
1x Boiler Flow Switch Diaphragm
1x Diverter Bobbin
1x Bobbin Washer
1x Bobbin 0 Ring
1 X Figure of 8 seal (thats what i call it anyway)
3x Front Seals

Don't go for any short cuts, fit the lot. You know it makes sense.

Will any of those parts (and if so, which ones) actually stop the diverter valve letting by? Could I just not by the parts required instead of a whole service kit, as the landlord isnt too keen on spending a lot of money. How much is the service kit anyway?

Thanks

Im doing the repair but before I do it, I need to know what parts to change in order to stop the diverter valve letting by!!!

service kit here

If you replaced the whole valve assemblies it would cost a fortune. You have to inspect, clean and grease everything as appropriate, and replace parts as necessary, from the service kit! That is the cheapest sensible way to approach it. It might just be one bit that's failed but you'd feel a pillock if you put it back together and a reused seal leaked, eh?
It isn't a 5 minute job and as Agile suggested, if you're new to boilers you'll take a while longer. And if you don't know how it works, you could easily miss something.

Third time lucky.

Fit the lot.

Idea:

As you are new to the game why not fit all the parts, do a really good job which in turn will get your reputation building off to a good start.

or

Just fit the new bobbin / bobbin washer and o ring which could well sort the problem. Then 1 week later the DHW diaphragm splits and leaves the customer no hot water.
In their eyes its your fault and they tell all their freinds and family what a toss pot you are.

and yes the diverter is very similar to the linea (the internal bits)

I would still repeat my advice that if you are not confident and experienced with this model its a job better avoided.

Part of getting a good reputation is through not taking on jobs which you may mess up. Why risk a problem ( unless you are desperate for work! )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back