worcester 28 cdi no HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lo folks i am having a problem with my boiler,
I have a fast flashing red light on my radiator light when i try and run hot water and the boiler switches off
i have been away and had to increase the pressuRes when i came back
which i did to 1.5 bar
the CH works , its just the hot water runs ,lights the boiler the light flashes and it goes off and keeps doing that cycle ?
am i missing somert ?
nice forum by the way :)
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
cheers for the prompt response , pardon my ignorance , but is that exspensive, sounds well beyond me is there anyway i can verify either ?

Sponsored Links
go on worcester/bosch site and download manufacturers instructions.has fault finding and explains boiler parts etc etc.

cheers fella found it and sussed it
it wa the flue :)

good job

i was a bit premature there gents its doing the same thing again this morning
having checked the owners book it says theres an appliance fault with the flashing light , does anyone have any other basic checks i can do before i spend all my savings :(

i thought it was blocked , however it wasnt that cos it started working intermittently againnow the boiler doesnt trip out if i run the bath with the tap fully open if i use the shower or the sink taps it trips out and the radiator light flashes five times in a second and the boiler clicks and the flame goes out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back