Regulations In Regard Installing Main Multiflow Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if I am legally allowed to install a Main Multiflow Water Heater, I am not yet Corgi registered but I am competent and I know that it will take me only a few hours to replace the existing Main Mersey Super.
????????????

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Guys give me a break, I work with a Corgi registered plumber and I can do all that he can. My footprints never leave me. Now please help me out with the law if you can, where do I stand 'legally'....? and is there a Benchmark Book to provide with these heaters..?

come on you must be winding us up, you know full well if you install this appiliance without proof of competence and CORGI registration you are breaking the law

Irrelevent as to what you think you know

So what your saying is, although I (help) install boiler after boiler after boiler and I won't go into the details about the procedures we follow, now I have got my own customer who wants me to do an almost straight swapover, I have got to roll my boss in on this aswell...????????? Due to the fact that he is Corgi registered....???????? In truth hes a waste of space as a human being.....!

YES

Thats the way it is

call CORGI if you dont believe me, call your local building authority too

and stop winding me up whoever you are

if he is a waste of space, leave

LearnerPlumber said:
So what your saying is, although I (help) install boiler after boiler after boiler and I won't go into the details about the procedures we follow, now I have got my own customer who wants me to do an almost straight swapover, I have got to roll my boss in on this aswell...????????? Due to the fact that he is Corgi registered....???????? In truth hes a waste of space as a human being.....!

Seems like your an ungratefull SOAB who's quite happy to take his money every week. :eek:

Lets not forget the training, did he pay for that as well.

doitall said:
LearnerPlumber said:

Seems like your an ungratefull SOAB who's quite happy to take his money every week. :eek:

Lets not forget the training, did he pay for that as well.

hardley fair DIA, after all he says he knows all about it, its a wonder he hasnt gone self employed ages ago with all that knowledge

;)

I am......................................CIS of course.

I'm not ungrateful at all, I told it like it is.
He is registered, I do all the work, simple..........

and now I have been approached by a customer as she values my plumbing skills.

great you CIS

that has no bearing on the job

you cannot do it until you ar CORGI reg and accredited

Facts are:- if you do it and everything is spot on, it is unlikely anything will come of it.I know loads who are still not reporting to corgi and to be honest theres no one at the moment to police it properly.So legally no. Never had a manufacturers engineer yet ask for proof of install info.

P.S just remember what will happen if you get it wrong. whos going to back you then. NO ONE

YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW DOING SO. Now it is upto you if you along with thousand of others want to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back