can i fit boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if I am legally allowed to install a combi boiler, I am not Corgi registered, and it is for myself, thanks

Sponsored Links
AFAIK yes you can, but the gas side you can't but that then means you have to get a competant person to do the gas and trust your work,

I would suggest you find some one willing to do that before you go any further

19pitbull67 said:
Can anyone tell me if I am legally allowed to install a combi boiler, I am not Corgi registered, and it is for myself, thanks

The law states you can only work on gas for yourself if you are competent. Now i can't judge you if you are competent but if you dont know much about gas regulations then i suggest you don't.

Sponsored Links
Water Systems cannot do it because he is not comptent and in any case he is retired.

You will need a CORGI to fit the wall bracket, fit the flue, connect the gas and commission the boiler. Then he will fill in the Benchmark and notify CORGI who will advise Building Control. We would charge £180 for that in London.

Tony

19pitbull67

get a corgi regd fitter to do it .....

water systems ...?????????????

is this another cowboy franchise ???????????

Mention a liking for UV cylinders, you will soon find out who watersystems is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back