spam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im getting spam e mails again,when i receive them in my inbox how do i delete them without having to open them,is it possible? im using outlook express
surely opening them allows more spam to be sent to you

Sponsored Links
not usualy.

spammers send out stuff to lots of addreses, some ade up, one email account i have acepts them (damn annoying) also your email address may have been sold on to a.n.other.

they only know for sure its a valid address if you reply to it or visit any link they have given (afaik)

if you have just stared receiving it then it must be from some where you have visited recently, and not just an adult site.

If you open it, there may be an embedded URL (e.g. a picture, logo, or looks like text) with a unique address that was only in the mail sent to you, so if you open the mail, the URL is accessed, and by seeing which URLs have been accessed and matching to email addressees, they know who has opened the mail, and therefore which is a valid address.

Validated addresses can be sold for more money.

You can set your mails to open as text only (but tiresome as it will prevent to seeing the genuine ones only) or, before opening ones you are suspicious of, you can (in OE) right click, properties, details, source and see what it is.

If the content is not what you were expecting, or it begins with a random assortment of words to trick the spam filter, then you can delete it before opening.

(you need to have message preview pane switched off.)

You can block certain senders, and also filter mail by its content, who its to, who its from etc. Are they all addressed to you - i.e. [email protected] if not, and they are addressed to say ch426,427,jobloggs all @ youremail.com then you can setup a rule to allow only mail sent to the correct address to be allowed through.

Sponsored Links
they all come to the exact e mail address,i have started to add stuff to the blocked senders list and will add some rules for common phrases in the mails

easier way, block the bit after the @

try a search i mentioned how to do it a few weeks ago

My hotmail address used to get loads of spam, eventually sort of stopped maybe 10 or so a week.
UNTILL
I registered with one of these sites (cant remember the name) like friends reunited.
NOW
I get about 15 spam (mostly sex) a day.
Nothings free, thats the price I paid, wouldnt mind the site was shiiiiite

Read as 'text' only in OE. (Options <Read>)
Also stop the auto' viewing pane from <View> Untick <Preview Pane>

Can read text and details in any mail without opening..
Right click message in folder, from context menu <Properties> <Details> <Message Source> go full screen, have a butchers... Headers text and the inevitable gibberish of other, maybe notso good stuff.

Click Here and go read.
Google said:
Results 1 - 10 of about 35,100,000 for Using Outlook Express. (0.20 seconds)
Should keep you occupied for a while. :D
Spam in OE

You will find handy stuff like this :-
http://www.appscorp.net/outlookexpress_spam.asp
;)

Sponsored Links
Back