Good makes in combi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am considering changing my combi boiler. Can any one give there opinion on makes of boilers, and if possible recommend some.

I know the btu size depends on my circumstances, so I don't expect exact models to be given. All I do know is that it will not be a small one.

Also am I correct in saying that some now have a small water storage tank built in, or is this the norm now. Do these cost alot more to run.

One last thing is that are they all pretty much the same on fuel efficiency.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are loads of previous threads answering this question. Have a look at them.

What make and model is the present boiler? Some old boiler can knock the pants off modern boilers.

Not only that, are you prepared to have your system chemically cleansed and treated, upgraded to be fuel efficient and getting a steamer installed that itself will cost you an arm and a leg should it breakdow? Another thing is with abundance of partchanger 'engineer', dont expect the repairs to be cheap as parts get changed needlessly and you end up paying for these

A lot better to get you existing boiler serviced PROPERLY as indicated in the manual. And upgrade for fuel efficiency.

Not disagreeing with Danny- but maybe you really are ready for a new one, perhaps because the old one really is 'clapped out', needs re-locating or maybe you want the vastly better flow rates that the latest models can offer.
Its really all about your budget. I'm a Vaillant man- they're not cheap and I'm not saying there cannot be better ones out there, but I rate them at the best of the 'main stream'. They give so little trouble- when fitted correctly to a properly cleansed system-but then we don't fit cheap stuff and we don't fit anything to dirty systems!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply's.
To give you a bit more information. By boiler at present is a Ariston Euro Combi, which has served us well. It has broken once a diaphragm when on it and the heat exchange will leak sooner or later I have been told. But I am currently doing my Bathroom up and I would like a new thermostatic shower valve but because my boiler is non modulating I have been told that I can not have one.
So I either go electric again or go all the way and have new shower and boiler.

There were about 11 different Eurocombis and I think that all or at least most modulated!

The latest combis are available in powers up to about 35 kW compared with your 24 kW boiler so the maximum benefit you will get is only an extra third more hot water! Not a big increase!

A new condensing boiler will be about 12% more efficient then your Ariston, again not that impressive!

No convincing argument for replacing your boiler!

If you have money to spend have you got full loft insulation and what about cavity wall insulation?

Tony Glazier

Would have to find the book for the exact model.
But is the information i got given correct, about my boiler being no good for a new shower valve.
Thanks

That depends on your "new shower valve" and your boiler.

However ther are hundreds of thousands of Ariston boilers operating adequately on showers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back