Bathroom Fan Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bathroom fan - connected via the light switch - stopped working, even though the light on the fan came on when the light switch was turned on. I had a guess that the motor had gone - we had a similar fan in the kitchen which worked so I thought "swap" - I swapped them around - now I have two fans which don't work despite the little lights coming on.

The bathroom one is more important at the moment. The fan instruction book talks of a 3amp fused spur - could a fuse have gone somewhere ? Is there a fuse inside the light switch somewhere ? Should I change the light switch ?

Pardon me for sounding thick, but my knowledge of electrics is somewhat limited !

Sponsored Links
if you have a light on the fan i doubt if any fuse has "gone". was the fan working in the kitchen if you put it back does it still work?

look for a switch near the ceiling in the bathroom. there should be one. there are 2 types it could be.

A fused spur - this is a small switch and it has a little fuse in the plate next to it, which is released by prising the cover out with a small screwdriver, or undoing the little screw.

A fan isolator - this is a large switch, usually has a picture of a fan on it. this contains no fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back