Buying sanitaryware in France

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone bought their bathroom goods from French warehouses (Calais, Dunkerque.....)? The price difference on their internet sites compared with the UK appears to be too good to be true. My experiences in life usually show this to be so. Is there a catch or is it a good deal?

Sponsored Links
In principle not a problem but

1) Spares can difficult to trace in the event of failure or missing items
2) Sometimes connectors have different thread pitch or fitting size
3) Taps can be designed fot high pressure supplies and give poor flow rates when fitted to tank fed UK systems

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
most of the stuff we buy here is foreign rubbish anyway.
foreign rubbish it may be, but its desiged to be used over here

as for getting stuff from france you may have to pay import duty and VAT on it

if its designed for over here , why does nothing fit those stupid chrome wastes on the glass bowl basins.

newboy
you still pay import tax on how many you import , lol

fitz1
why does nothing fit those stupid chrome wastes on the glass bowl basins.

cause you are a cr*p plumber..........

only kidding , never had a prob , :)

fitz1
what bugged me years ago were when all "Brit" wastes went plastic , flaming awful cheap tacky threadless things .....

I don't hold with all this forin "santry wear" stuff coming in, using our water, taking our job jobs, blocking our drains......

there is no import duty or vat payable on inter-country transactions within the EU

i am not saying you are right, i am also not saying you are wrong, I am curious, can you prove your statement?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back